Distance Learning Data Recovery Course
This class covers everything that is in the 5-day seated class. There are videos taken from the class + extra close-up videos.
The Distance Learning class still covers everything that is in the 5-day seated class. The material will be presented with videos actually taken in the class with a few extra videos where things were done up close and you don’t have the benefit of being there.
If you are a previous Distance Learning student, but only the Distance Learning Class, I am able to offer that software as an update to you for $300 USD, saving you about $500. Please email me if you want to take me up on the offer. This is in addition to all the hardware you get in the distance learning kit that is also over $1000.
Pricing for the Class
The cost of the distance learning class is $3000 + shipping. With that $3000, you will be receiving hardware and software that is used in the class TO KEEP for your own lab, including the very expensive Platter Replacement Kit, delivered to your door. The materials, equipment, and software that will be supplied to you accounts for more than $1000 of the cost.
If you are in the United States, you can use this form to order the kit: Download and print our Distance Learning Kit Training Agreement Form (PDF).
Benefits of distance learning
- Learn at your own pace,
- Take the test when you want
- Don’t pay for airfare, hotel, and food
- Don’t take time off work
Distance Learning Kit hardware list
- 1x Book that is the Lecture and Slides used in the class, also includes 20 labs.
- 1x Head Platter Replacement Tool that includes a Lab Bench Stand,
- 1x 3.5” Platter tool,
- 1x 2.5” Platter tool,
- 1 Magnetic Voice Coil removal tool.
- 1x Set of Screwdrivers that includes Torx drivers necessary for small hard drives from T4-T8 for 2.5 in hard drives.
- 1x Set of Screwdrivers that includes Philips and Flathead drivers needed for small hard drives.
- 1x Set of MP3’s that includes 40 hours of class that can be used in mobile players or computer, or car CD player.
- 4x Hard drives for practice and are the items used in the classroom and on the Videos. 1x Set of Straws, Post It Notes, Plastic for Head Assemblies
- 1x USB hard drive connector that includes 2.5”, 3.5” and SATA connectors
- 1x Fine Metal Tweezers
- 1x Static Mat
- 1x Set of Static Gloves
- 2x Bootable CDs with additional Software
- 1x Flash Memory Stick with Special Format for Discovery in the Class
- 1x Voucher for the Certification Test
- 1x Set of Videos of how to use the DeepSpar Disk Imager and the Forensic Disk Imager
Distance Learning Kit software list
The software and licenses for the recovery software will be your property for the items designed for the class and are taught in the manual. It will include licenses of:
- R-Studio for Linux
- Runtime GetDataBack NTFS
- Disk Explorer for NTFS
- GetDataBack for Fat
- DiskExplorer for Fat
- Raid Reconstructor
- Captain Nemo Pro
- SpeedClone 2003
And copies of these other great packages:
- FTK Imager
- HFS Explorer as well as 20 others I have collected
Video and Audio
1x Set of High Quality Videos and MP3 audio recordings of the classes. It is an actual video of the class with all 40 hours.
The ability to communicate with Scott Moulton via email to help mentor and answer specific questions.
Data Recovery Expert Certification
After passing the certification exam with a 70 or better, you will also be sent a high-quality sealed certification for framing. If you fail the certification exam, you can retake the exam for $50.
NEW!!! All content updated to include Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10! It now runs on any OS. That is the only requirement - other than to spend the time and have basic computer skills using Windows and DOS.